Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Hey, Santa: This Is What I (Beauty Writer Beth Shapouri) Would Like for Christmas. Thanks

I get beauty products sent to me in volumes that would basically make anyone's OCD tendencies go berserk, and, yet, even I, Beth Shapouri, have makeup, hair, fragrance, and, skin care goodies I covet. Here's what I'd like to find under my tree this year. (Hint, hint, elves.)

kevyn-aucoin-making-faces-palette
The Kevyn Aucoin Limited Edition Look Book, based on the tips in the late beauty guru's first iconic book Making Faces. I basically believe this set can make my face look like Jennifer Lopez's. I can dream anyway.

aedes-de-ven-perfume-frangrance-gift-guide-2014
Aedes de Venustas perfume. This niche fragrance, made by the most charming fragrance shop in my neighborhood is divine, unique, and, well, not cheap. But the sexy, unique mix of tomato leaf, rhubarb, hazelnut, and incense smells like every luxe penny of its price tag.

charlotte-tilbury-magic-cream
Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. It took me a couple of days to understand the magic of this stuff. But after day two, I was bummed all I got was a tiny little sample. It makes your face feel like the softest cashmere sweater on a pillow made of marshmallow fluff and chinchilla fur. And I promise that's way more appealing than it sounds.

davines-conditioner-gift-guide
Davines Love Smoothing Conditoner. After I slather this on, you'd never know my hair was coarse and kinky and prone to frizz. I don't really know what's in it or why it smells so good (blah, blah, blah—something about borage seed oil and rice wax), but I suspect it's made of rainbows.

nars-orgasm-gift-guide
Nars Orgasm Blush. I've used it for years, and it's the only thing I freak out about when I hit pan—which I am dangerously close to doing with my current compact. It's basically sultriness in blush form and there's a reason everyone loves it.

Photo by Courtesy of the brands featured

View the original article here




Visit my Online Store